This oatmeal bake is a staple in our house during the colder months. I am not a fan of texture in regular oatmeal but love the texture of baked oatmeal. I love the tartness of green apples paired with the sweet notes of cinnamon and brown sugar. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake
- 3 green apples
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2t cinnamon
- 1.5t baking powder
- 3/4t salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4T butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees (skip this step if making ahead).
- Grease a 9×13 pan baking dish with butter.
- Melt 4T butter first so it has time to cool while preparing the rest of the ingredient.
- Chop up apples and sprinkle them in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract together.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and pour over the apples in the pan.
- If making right away, sprinkle chopped nuts over the oatmeal and press down. If making ahead, don’t add the nuts until you are ready to bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.