This is becoming one of our regular meals. You can have it on your table within 30 minutes which is perfect for those busy night. The longest part is waiting for the pasta water to boil. We love using chick pea pasta as it has a lot of protein. With a green salad and slice (or two!) of crusty bread, I believe this meal will quickly become one of your favorites too!
- 8oz Chickpea pasta. We like Banza and find penne and rotini work best for this recipe.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1T olive oil
- Cajun seasoning. We use Tony Cacheres.
- 2T Butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Half-and half
- 2oz (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Cilantro (optional)
- In a large pot, boil water for pasta. Once water is boiling, add some salt along with the pasta. Cook according to directions on the box. Once cooked, strain through a colander.
- While water is boiling, heat up 1T of olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on the chicken breasts. Cook chicken breasts for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken and place on plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. When garlic is fragrant (1-2 minutes), slowly add in half-and-half and lemon zest. Wait for it to boil for a few minutes while constantly stirring. After the sauce begins to thicken, add in the Parmesan cheese, stirring until fully melted. Remove the sauce from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up the chicken and roma tomatoes and mix the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and sauce together. I like to sprinkle mine with cilantro but you can also do parsley. I find the fresh cilantro flavor pairs with the spicy Cajun flavor quite well.